1. STAVROS IOANNIDES – PRESIDENT /DEPUTY OFFICER OF THE WPC
2. SAVVAS CONSTANTINOU – MEMBER OF COMMITTEE / OFFICER OF OENOLOGY AT THE WPC
3. CHRISTAKIS GEORGIOU – MEMBER OF COMMITTEE / OFFICER OF THE WPC
4. MARIA SHIAKALLI – MEMBER OF COMMITTEE / OFFICER OF THE WPC
5. ANDREAS LAOS – MEMBER OF COMMITTEE / REPRESENTATIVE OF CYPRUS WINE-PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION
The Organising Committee is appointed by the Board of Directors of the WPC and is composed by four (4) Officers of the WPC and one (1) representative of the Cyprus Wine-producers Association, who shall not have any direct or indirect benefit from or conflicting interest with any company which participates in the Competition. One of the five (5) members of the Committee shall be the Chairman of the Committee and at least one member shall be an oenologist.
The Organising Committee is responsible for the proper execution of the Competition. Specifically, the Organising Committee shall endeavor:
– to receive and store the samples in a secure place;
– to oversee the absolute anonymity of samples submitted to the jurors as well as the confidentiality of the results until the end of the competition;
– the organisation of the tasting procedure before the convening of the juries. Notably it shall verify the order in which the samples shall be presented;
– to inspect the opening of the samples in an adjoining storage room, their temperature, their identity and their anonymity when presented to the members of the jury;
– to oversee the correct handling and serving;
– to oversee the operations of the Secretariat responsible for the distribution and collection of score sheets, the computation of the scores, verification of results, posting and communication of results;
– to allow a second tasting of a sample, notably when it deems it necessary, or when the majority of jurors request it , or when the scores deviate immensely among the jurors;
– to announce the results.